Call for a Consultation 818-337-3595 818-337-3595


Pasadena and Woodland Hills Family Law Firm Assists You with Support Modifications

Assistance with your changing spousal and child support needs

Spousal and child support orders in California are either permanent or temporary. When circumstances change, you can request that a judge review your support agreement and make changes if necessary. The knowledgeable attorneys at the Law Offices of Steven A. Blunt have more than 35 years of experience in family matters such as support modifications. We can help guide you in determining when spousal or child support order need to be updated to reflect current circumstances.

When you know it’s time for a change in spousal support

There are a variety of situations that may constitute a change in circumstances because entry of your original alimony or spousal support agreement or order and warrant a modification. Some of these situations include:

  • You have reached retirement, resulting in a decrease in your income
  • You have been fired, laid off, or had your hours reduced
  • You are self-employed, and your business has slowed
  • Your former spouse has experienced an increase in income
  • Your former spouse remarries or moves in with a boyfriend or girlfriend

When any of these or other significant changes in life occurs, contact one of our skilled family law attorneys to assist you with modifying your divorce decree.

When you know it’s time for a change in child support

Child support is different in that you do not have to show a change in circumstances to have the support amount reviewed if your support amount is below the guideline. If the original amount was at the guideline when issued, proof of change in circumstances must be demonstrated. Some situations that might constitute a change in circumstances include:

  • Change in income
  • Job loss
  • Incarceration of a parent
  • A parent has had a child from another relationship
  • Significant change in visitation hours
  • Change in the child’s needs
  • Any of the factors used to calculate the original support agreement have changed

Failure to pay your child support can have serious consequences. Thus, when your life circumstances change, it is essential to have your attorney seek to modify your divorce decree so your child support obligation matches your current financial situation.

Get help with your support modifications from a board-certified family law specialist

The Law Offices of Steven A. Blunt have attorneys who are board-certified family law specialists in the state of California. Call them today to get help with modifications to your current spousal support or child support agreements. Come to either of our offices, conveniently located in Pasadena and Woodland Hills, or call us at 818-337-3595 or contact us online.