Pasadena Family Law Firm Provides a Personal Approach for Personal Matters
Dedicated to resolving family disputes
The Law Offices of Steven A. Blunt offers counsel in all areas of family law, from annulments, divorce and marital agreements to parentage rights, custody and child support. Steven A. Blunt is a certified family law specialist with more than 35 years of experience. He handles a wide variety of cases with compassion for the families involved.
Legal services you can trust
We are an experienced and knowledgeable firm focused solely on family law matters. We tailor our approach in each case to the individual circumstances of each client, and we walk each client through to final resolution, step by step. We are here for you throughout the process. Our specialties include:
- Divorce/dissolution — Let us help guide you in setting realistic expectations and creating a strategy that fits your needs for dissolution, including no-fault divorce, uncontested divorce, contested divorce, or marriage dissolution.
- Annulments — Marriages or partnerships can be annulled in California for a variety of reasons, regardless how long you have been married. However, you must be able to prove to the judge that your marriage clearly falls into one of six categories eligible for annulment.
- High-net-worth divorce — There is a large amount at stake when some marriages end, and it takes an experienced attorney to handle these complex cases. Allow us to help you work through your high-net-worth divorce or high-asset divorce situation.
- Property division — Whether it’s community property, premarital assets or nonmarital assets, we can help mediate property division in a way fair and suitable for all parties involved.
- Separation — We create legal separation or separation agreements that work for your individual situation.
- Spousal support — We help you navigate all the laws regarding spousal support so you can determine the amount and duration of time that may be appropriate in your particular case.
- Paternity/Parentage rights — Often, after a divorce, there are questions about fathers’ rights, the determination of paternity, and the termination of paternity. These are questions with lifelong implications, and our experienced attorneys can help you work through them.
- Child custody/visitation — We educate our clients on all the complicated laws surrounding child custody, visitation, supervised visitation and the effect of visitation rights on child support. We help you make informed choices after divorce or separation and also help guide you through child custody changes, including move-away custody.
- Child support — Many former couples have questions concerning child support payments. Let us help guide you through the laws to discover how much and how long is appropriate in your case.
- Domestic violence and restraining orders — If you or your children are in danger from domestic violence, we help you file the restraining order and take additional measures to ensure you and your children are protected in the future.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Before you have any complicating factors in a marriage, it’s best to have a pre- or postnuptial agreement that is fair to both parties. We can craft, modify or explain your marital agreement in a way that makes sense to you, and answer any questions you may have.
- Domestic partnership rights—Domestic partnerships are an excellent option for some couples. Our attorneys can explain every aspect of a domestic partnership, including your rights and responsibilities as an individual, and benefits offered to domestic partners by the state of California.
At the Law Offices of Steven A. Blunt, we fight for you and for the best interests of your family.
Choose a Pasadena family law attorney with experience
You can find the Law Offices of Steven A. Blunt conveniently located in Pasadena on North El Molino Ave. The office is easily accessible and open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call 626-796-0031 or contact us online.